The Ink Splotch

A whimsical and quirky collection of thoughts, quotes, and quips on life, love and laughter.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Melting Mind - Part 1

For the first twenty-five years of my life, my mind was consistently inundated with new information and challenged with new scenarios; my days were filled to capacity with work and play, and my nights cut short in order to finish all of the "to-do" items that needed to be checked off for the day. School, work, family, friends.

I often thought, "Oh, how wonderful it would be to stay at home and finally have time for all of those projects I never seem to get around to...my house would always be clean, my kitchen bright and shiny, our meals would be gourmet and home cooked, I could finish those half-done scrapbooks, always have clean laundry in the closets, lunch with friends, get in runway-model shape, and I would still have hours to sit and read on the porch each morning while sipping a hot cut of tea and watching the sun rise."

And then my day arrived. He weighed 7 lb. 11 oz, and took up every ounce of physical and mental energy I could muster. When to feed, when to sleep, when to take a shower became my daily challenges. Simple, I know...but ask any new mother and she will smile knowingly! All those supper-mom ambishons got shoved straight to the bottom of the Daiper Geenie the first time my son woke up crying at 9pm, then 12a, then 3am, then 6am...well, you get the picture.

Now that my son is a little older, I do still love my new roll as "the most important woman in the world" (aka his Mother!); however, after 9 months in my new roll as stay-at-home mom I have learned several very important lessons:

1) Don't cry over spilled anything...so long as you have Oxyclean, there is no stain that cannot be removed!

2) Even if you adored housework before, there is only so much poopy laundry one can do before you begin to feel your mind melting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home