The Ink Splotch

A whimsical and quirky collection of thoughts, quotes, and quips on life, love and laughter.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

On "Quotes"

Excerpt from a comment: "I saw so many quotes from other people, it was not my cup of tea. I prefer sermons, and strait bible reading and Biblical perspectives."

Quotes are not for everyone, and anyone reading or following this blog will quickly see that I do not fall into that category of people who they are not for - I love quotes, and that is part of what this blog is dedicated to...Sharing tiny pearls of wisdom and encouragement where ever they are found. Some people enjoy discussing a particular subject in depth, such as a sermon, and others draw encouragement from simply stated truths. The entire book of Proverbs is filled with these little pearls. Sometimes it is not the length of a though that counts, but the simple truth of a phrase...the "take-home" message that will ring in your head long after a sermon is forgotten. Let us not forget that there are many wise and Godly people who we can learn from, and though they may not have their own book of the Bible, they may just have something to say to encourage fellow Christians along in their daily walk.

"The lips of the wise spread knowledge..."
-Proverbs 15:7

6 Comments:

Blogger DarrellH said...

Looks interesting!

What's next? :)

November 15, 2005 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry if i Offended you.

I shouldn't have posted my uninformed Opinion.
I truely am sorry.
To be more detailed,
I just don't personaly know most of the people people quote,
much about them anyway,
I have a hard time taking anyones word for something.
And I don't like to quote people if I don't know if they are for God or not.
I feel it can ruin ones cretibility.
It's good to test the fruit if you know what I mean?
I hope you see what I mean.
I hope you can forgive me if i offended you. :o(
Jaime

November 15, 2005 7:21 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Jaime,
Please don't ever apologise for your opinion! I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts and even offer your thoughts and ideas. Please feel free to share your ideas any time. Even if we don't agree all the time, that is OK too :-) You in no way offended me and have nothing to apologise for - you should always evaluate what you read and hear to determine the merit of the author and text, just remember that God can speak truth into our lives from many different avenues; as long as you are diligent in praying for wisdom and seeking what is right, you may be amazed at the different ways even daily things can be a reminder of Biblical truths and how we ought to live as Christians. Please continue to share your valuble thoughts.

November 15, 2005 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are Alright!:o)
Thanks for making me feel right at home!
You are now my number 2 blog!
Sorry, but Erin's Blog is number one,
teheheh!

I will be checking your blog everyday!

Do you live in the Houston area too?
Erin and I aren't too far away from eachother.
I live in Kemah Tx.
Just moved here.
Unfortunately,
A day after we moved in Rita was on it's way and we had to evacuate!!!
LOL!!! :o(

There's me, Jaime, My Husband David, and our 3yo Daughter Lilly Anne.

I was telling Erin that,
When ever she got preggie,
To please invite me to her Baby Shower.
I am an excellent cook!

I Just recicved a beautiful Carosel bundt pan, and rose cupcake pan from Nordicware!
Also, a recipe book From my mother-in-law, on my birthday!

And I extend the olive branch unto you too! :o)

I just made some Butterscotch fudge with wallnuts tonite.
My husband is taking the majority
of it to work with him tommorow.
David works with the EPA to make Polution monotoring software.
He is a programmer.

Would you like the recipe, Dear?

-Jaime

November 15, 2005 8:03 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

uh-oh...one full week without a new post! That will just not do, missy:o) We want to hear all of your wonderful wisdom!

November 22, 2005 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naughty naughty!
Tisk Tisk!
tehehehee!
Please blog about your holiday plans at least?
:::sigh::
-Jaime

November 23, 2005 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home