The Ink Splotch

A whimsical and quirky collection of thoughts, quotes, and quips on life, love and laughter.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

"I don't think, however, there are many people who can stay happy for long periods of time. Joy is a temporal thing. Its brief capacity, as reference, gives it its pleasure. And so some of the magic I was feeling began to fade...Early on, I made the mistake of wanting spiritual feelings to endure and remain romantic. Like a new couple expecting to always feel in love, I operated my faith thinking God I were going to walk around smelling flowers. When this didn't happen, I became confused."

-Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

What can I say about today (like what I'm doing right now) after the weekend of delightful fun with you guys?

SSSSIIIIIGGGGHHHH.....

:op

Hope you are having a good day! Post up, because I'm linking to your blog when I get the chance:o)

November 14, 2005 7:32 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

We had a blast too! I'm soooo glad yall were able to come up - that was a long overdue friend-fix! I mailed you those recipes that you left here too.

I'll be posting :-)

Thanks chica

November 14, 2005 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home