The Ink Splotch

A whimsical and quirky collection of thoughts, quotes, and quips on life, love and laughter.

Monday, November 14, 2005

On Love...

Through the routine of every day life it can be easy get the in habit of a quick good morning, a good-bye kiss, and then off to work your separate days for the next 9-12 hours. After a sleepy dinner, dishes, and throwing in the wash so there will be clean clothes for tomorrow I have a tendency to fall into bed with a final thought of "I hope I set the alarm". But now and then my sweet honey will sneak in while I'm scrubbing the dishes, grab me around the waist and tickle me on the back of the deck with his whiskers while attempting to smooch me - usually resulting in a splash of dishwater on the counter and floor, followed by giggles, which if not laud enough to satisfy "honey" will lead to a tickle-war, a quick romp around the house and more dishwater sloshed onto the floor. These are the brief, spontaneous moments that make life beautiful and marriage that most wonderful relationship God has created. I love my honey so much!
I love thee,
I love but thee
With a love
that shall not die
Till the sun grows cold
And the stars grow old...
-Bayard Taylor

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
-Mignin McLaughlin

The world has little to bestow where two fond hearts in equal love are joined.
-Anna Laetitia Barbauld
To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart, and to sing it when they have forgotten.
-Author Unknown
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.
-Putnam
There's a bliss beyond all that the minstrel has told,
When two, that are link'd in one heavenly tie,
With heart never changing, and brow never cold,
Love on thro' all ill, and love on till they die.
-Thomas Moore
Marriage is a rooted thing, a growing and flowering thing that must be tended faithfully...Daily watering with the little gratious acts we all welcome, with mutual concern for the other's contentment, with self-watchfulness here and self-forgetfulness there, brings forth ever new blossoms.
-Donald Peattie

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.
My name is Jaime, and I post on Erin's site.
You seem pretty cool.
But, I saw so many quotes from other people,
It was not my cup of tea.
I prefer sermons, and Strait bible reading and Biblical perspectives.
too many Quotes irk me.
heh.
Cool Picture of you by the way.
Mysterious indeed!

November 15, 2005 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaime, that's great but good quotes are nice to read as well. Good blog.

November 15, 2005 1:25 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yes...your husband was the perfect catch for you:o)

I really like the Peattie quote, and "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."

Marriage really is about a constant, daily effort on each person's part to serve the other. But those little fun spontaneous times add a nice spark:o)

You can change your settings so that spammers (like that first comment) have a harder time getting through. Just go to your dashboard and turn on "word verification"

Hope you guys are having a good day!

November 15, 2005 2:01 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Erin,
Thanks for the tip about the word verification - I have already enabled it!

Jaime,
Thank you for your comments. I have enjoyed reading your notes on Unfolding Moments and your web site. Thank you for sharing!

November 15, 2005 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home